Perception and emotion information processing
NTT Human Informatics Laboratories aim to clarify the relationship between each person's perception and emotion. We wish to moderate communication based on these perceptual and emotional characteristics. Our ultimate goal is to build relationships where individuals within the group respect each other as a group.
Specifically, we study the following two technologies.
- "Emotional-perception-control technology" This leads to desirable emotions for users, such as enhancing enthusiasm and a sense of unity, through two core technologies: emotion estimation for estimating and understanding human emotional characteristics through sensing and data analysis and emotion leading for leading emotions through perceptual stimuli tailored to human emotional characteristics.
- "Collaborative work support technology" We support the generation of emotions by converting verbal and non-verbal information or by perceptual stimulation according to the emotional characteristics of a person. This technology is the ability to understand the factors of an individual's brain activity. Our goal is to reduce communication discrepancies.
- Emotional-perception-control technology
- Collaborative work support technology
- Navigation systems that create sympathy in the office
- Brain Technology Applications
- Masahiro Kohjima,“Uncoupled Nonnegative MatrixFactorization with Pairwise Comparison Data”, In Proceedings of the ACM SIGIR International Conference on the Theory of Information Retrieval (ICTIR), pp. 103-107, Madrid, Spain, Jul. 11-12, 2022.
Receiving an award
- ICONIP 2022 Best Paper Award：Masahiro Kohjima, Yuta Nambu, Yuki Kurauchi, Ryuji Yamamoto,“General Algorithm for Learning from Grouped Uncoupled Data and Pairwise Comparison Data", In Proceedings of the International Conference on Neural Information Processing (ICONIP), India, Nov. 22-26, 2022.